In this post, we will look at how to get Brother printer drivers and software, as well as how to install them.
Find out ‘how to download and install Brother printer drivers or software’ on your computer
- Open a web browser.
- In the address bar search brother-usa.com and enter.
- The website will be opened.
- Then, navigate to the “support centre” menu and select the ‘Software & Driver Downloads’ option.
- A search bar will now appear.
- Enter your Brother printer’s model number here and press the ‘Search’ button.
- A list of printer services will be shown.
- Choose your computer’s operating system and press the OK button.
- Choose the ‘Full driver and software package’ option.
- You will now be asked to go over the specifics. Check everything there before proceeding.
- Click “Agree to the EULA and download.”
- The installation of your Brother printer driver will begin.
As a result, by following the instructions above, you will be able to simply learn how to download and install Brother printer drivers software on your Windows and MAC computers.. The installation process for Brother printer drivers utilities can be found in the next section.
Steps for Installing Brother Printer Drivers on Windows 10 and MAC
Brother Printer Installer For Windows
After downloading the Brother printer drivers/software, go to the installation process.
Follow these procedures for Windows:
- Open the downloaded driver software package, then click “Run” to begin the installation.
- A “User control window” will be displayed on your screen; click “yes” to install.
- Choose the language.
- Then read the terms and conditions, click “Next” to proceed.
- Click Next after selecting the Ethernet type.
- Select the recommended standard installation option and press the ‘Next’ button.
- The installation procedure will now start.
- Once the installation process is complete, press OK.
- Click Brother registration to register the printer, User Guides to view information on how to operate the printer, or ‘Finish’ to finish and exit the setup.
- You must restart your computer after the process is completed.
- Finally, the installation process has been completed using the Brother printer installer.
How to Add a Printer to Windows After Installation
Once the Brother printer drivers have been downloaded and installed, proceed with the steps below to add a printer to your Windows operating system.
- First, navigate to the control panel.
- Select ‘Devices and Printers’.
- On the following screen, select the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- Select your Brother printer from the next screen and press the ‘Next’ button. Allow a few seconds for your printer to be recognized.
- The printer will now display in this section, and you can print from it.
Brother Printer Installer For Mac
- Follow all of the steps outlined above to install Brother printer drivers tools on MAC. After that, click on the dock file (installer program),then enter your Mac password.
- Enter the password and press the “OK” button.
- The installation procedure will now start. You must restart your machine as soon as the process is completed.
- The driver will be installed on MAC after you complete all of the steps.
How to Add a Printer on a MAC After Installation
To add a printer to your MAC, follow the steps below.
- To begin, navigate to the ‘Apple’ menu and pick ‘System and Preferences’.
- ‘Printers and Scanners’ should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click the plus symbol to add the printer.
- A list of installed printers will appear in a drop-down menu.
- Select your model and press enter.
- Your printer has now been added and is available for usage.
How do I fix the Brother printer drivers unavailable issue?
Method A: Install / Update Brother Printer Drivers
If your device driver becomes out of current, the error message “Brother printer drivers error” appears on the screen. As a result, we’ve included the methods for updating your driver below:
- Open the ‘Device Manager’ from the Control Panel on your computer (alternatively, click on Windows search, type ‘run’ to open the dialog box, and type ‘devmgmt.msc’).
- Increase the size of the ‘print queues’ category.
- Select ‘Update driver’ from the context menu when you right-click on the Brother printer.
- Select the option for automatic driver search and wait a few moments for the upgrading procedure to complete.
Method B: Make Your Printer the Default
To make the printer the default, follow the steps given below:
- In the Windows search bar, type the control panel and press enter key.
- Then go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option..
- And right-click on your Brother printer and choose as default.
- When you choose the default printer, a green symbol on your printer will appear, this indicates that the printer default settings is complete.
As a result, the preceding steps will assist you in resolving the Brother printer drivers issue.
Method C: Execute the troubleshooter
This tool’s primary function is to resolve all printer-related issues. Follow the instructions to execute the troubleshooter:
- Open the Run dialog box and type there Control Panel.
- Then a window will appear, type “Troubleshoot” in the top right corner of the window and select the “Troubleshooting” option.
- Then click on the view ‘All link’ in the navigation bar.
- Then another screen will appear, it displays a list of available repairs. Then, locate your printer and start trobleshooting.
- Click ‘Next’ to let printer troubleshooting begin detecting a problem and potential solutions.
- Finally, Windows will begin the troubleshooting procedure.
Method D: Download and install the most recent version of Windows
An outdated version of the operating system could easily produce the error printer drivers are not accessible.
Hence, to resolve the issue, download and update your operating system. Simply follow the given steps:
- Select the ‘Settings’ icon after hitting the Windows start button.
- In the let panel of your system, navigate to the Update and Security section and then to the Windows update.
- If updates are available,click on the ‘Download and install’ option.
- When the driver update is complete, the system will automatically reboot.
Hence, by following all these steps, you can resolve the ‘printer driver error on your Windows 10.
Method E – Uninstall the Printer Drivers
A faulty or incompatible driver can cause the Brother printer driver unavailable error. As a result, perform the following actions to uninstall the printer driver:
- To open the ‘Run’ dialog box you can press the Win+R Keys together.
- In the Run dialog box enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click the ‘OK’ button.
- Expand the ‘print queues’ area by selecting it.
- Select the Brother printer driver, right-click it, and then select ‘Uninstall device’.
- Then, in the ‘Run’ dialog box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press OK. The ‘program and feature’ window will appear next. You can uninstall the software drivers from this point.
- Choose your Brother printer software, right-click it, and then select ‘Uninstall device’.
- You can restart your computer after uninstalling Brother Printer driver.
These are some simple procedures to follow to resolve the ‘How to download and install Brother printer drivers’ error on your PC. As a result, complete all of the steps outlined above to complete the process of Brother printer driver download tools & installation for Windows & Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get and install Brother printer drivers?
Print drivers are often installed automatically with your device. You may easily download any updates, new features, or bug fixes that are available from the official Brother website. Simply follow the simple instructions to install Brother printer drivers.
Is it possible to install a Brother printer without a CD?
The printer driver and associated software can be downloaded for free from the Brother website. To guarantee that you install the correct printer driver or software for your operating system, we recommend obtaining the printer driver or software from the Brother website.
How can I find the IP address of my Brother DCP printer?
To find the IP address of Brother DCP printer you can right-click on your Brother printer icon and you have to select ‘properties’ from the menu. Then go to the ‘general’ tab and then select the location. This will show the IP address of your Brother printer.