Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer Setup
A versatile printer for printing images and documents both at home and at the office is the Canon PIXMA MX475. It has quick scan, print, copy, and fax capabilities. You can utilize your time effectively with the help of the automatic document feeder. You’ll have free hands to complete another task while the printer scans. Additionally, the printer includes Wi-Fi capabilities, making it simpler to print from any location, including your smart phone.
This article brief in about the issues related to Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer.
The issues like setting up your Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer, installing the driver for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer or fixing several issues like color not printing, black not printing, printing blank pages, issues like paper jam, or to fix your scanner issue for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer. You can refer to this article and follow the instructions given here to resolve your issues related to the Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer.
How to setup Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
To setup your Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer follow the basic steps:
Step 1: Join the network to the printer.
The Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer and your PC or tablet must share the same wireless router.
Enable printer sharing and then choose a private network in your computer or tablet’s network settings.
The printer driver won’t be loaded automatically, and the automated download of Canon Inkjet Print Utility won’t begin, if there are 50 or more devices connected to your network environment. 49 or fewer devices should be the minimum quantity for automatic installation and downloading.
Step 2: Register Canon PIXMA MX 475 Printer with Canon Inkjet Print Utility.
Select your Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer at the Select Model screen after starting the Canon Inkjet Print Utility.
You can also use a USB cable to link a computer or tablet to the printer if it has a USB connection. Use a USB cable to connect your computer, tablet, and printer.
The printer driver is automatically detected after the USB connection is complete.
The software for creating precise print settings, Canon Inkjet Print Utility, is downloaded immediately as soon as the printer driver is detected. You must sign in again if you used your computer or tablet after signing out of your Microsoft account.
To use web services, you need to be connected to the internet.
How to install Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer driver
Follow the steps below to install Canon PIXMA MX 475 Printer driver using the application.
While carrying out the following installation procedures, connect your PC to the Internet.
- Save the Canon PIXMA MX475 driver file to your computer.
- Double-clicking the downloaded file will bring up the Setup screen.
- To install the software, double-click the “Setup” file and adhere to the on-screen directions. This will install the driver.
How to fix Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer offline issue
Ensuring your Canon Printer is set to “Default” to fix the Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer offline issue:
The computer’s incorrect settings can cause a Canon PIXMA MX475 printer to display an offline error. Check your Windows 10/11 settings to ensure that your printer is set to “Default printer” and that this is the case.
To set up your Canon printer as the default, do the following:
- Select “Control Panel” from the Windows search results, then select “Devices and Printers.”
- The computer’s incorrect settings can cause a Canon printer to display an offline error. Check your Windows 10/11 settings to ensure that your printer is set to “Default printer” and that this is the case.
Another method to fix Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer offline issue is to Disabled ‘Use Printer Offline’ Status:
Make sure your Canon printer is clear of Canon Printer Offline errors by following the directions provided.
- First, restart your printer and select Run from the Windows search bar.
- After that, enter the control panel and choose “Devices and Printers.”
- Your installed Canon printer will then be displayed on your screen.
- If your printer has a green checkmark, then right click on the icon for your printer and choose the “See what’s printing” option.
- If your printer is grey, though, right-click on it and choose “Set as default printer.”
How to setup Canon PIXMA MX475 wireless Printer
You can setup Canon PIXMA MX475 wireless Printer through two different methods:
Standard Connection Method:
- On the printer, press the Setup button.
- Click [Wireless LAN configuration] and then click [OK].
- Please hit the [Stop/Reset] and OK buttons in that order.
Restoring Network Settings to Factory Default
- On the printer, depress the [Setup] button.
- To choose [Device settings], use the arrow buttons, and then click [OK].
- Select [Reset setting] using the arrow buttons, and then click [OK].
- Select [LAN setting] using the arrow buttons, and then click [OK].
- Select [Yes] using the arrow buttons, then click [OK].
How to fix color not printing in Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
There are only a few of the potential causes of your printer’s color printing problems. Fixing color not printing in Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer is quite simple once the cause of the issue has been identified.
- Installed Ink Cartridge Should Be Checked
An empty cartridge is one of the most frequent causes of problems with color printing on Canon PIXMA MX475 printer. First, make sure that your ink cartridge is still filled with ink. Open the printer’s front door first, then carefully and slowly remove the cartridge. Be aware of the ink levels. Replace the cartridge with a fresh one if there is little to no ink remaining in it. Take a print test to see if the issue has been resolved after you have the cartridge in the proper location.
- Check Your Printer’s Settings
Check to see if color printing is enabled on your Canon PIXMA MX475 printer. If you haven’t enabled it, printing might have some problems. You should open the Start menu on the computer that is connected to the printer in order to check the settings. After selecting Settings, click Printers and Scanners. Choose the Canon PIXMA MX475 printer from the available list of printers. Verify that color printing is enabled on your Canon printer by clicking the Properties tab. You should proceed to enable color printing if it isn’t already.
- Check to see that your printer driver is up to date.
Issues with color printing, for example, can arise from a printer driver that is out of date and defective. If your Canon printer is having trouble printing in color, try updating it to the most recent version. The website should have the official printer driver available for download. Once installed, you can check to see if the issue has been resolved on your computer.
How to fix jam issue for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
If the jammed paper tears and you are unable to remove it from the transport unit or from the paper output slot, fix the jam issue fort Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer from the machine using the following steps:
- Unplug the machine’s power cord from the power source after turning it off.
- Take off the paper output cover.
- Verify that the stuck paper is not positioned beneath the FINE cartridge holder.
- With your hands, hold the paper that is stuck.
- Pull the paper out while being careful not to rip it.
- Ensure that all of the paper jams have been cleared.
- Reload the paper after closing the paper output lid.
How to fix black not printing for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
Examine and swap out the problematic cartridge to fix black not printing for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer:
Consider the following methods:
Method 1: Identify the cartridge that has to be changed.
You must first locate the cartridge that needs to be replaced.
As was mentioned in solution 1, you can start by reading the first page.
The text and color blocks on the test page must then be examined.
If there is an issue with the color blacks or the text, the black cartridge is to blame.
Method 2: Change the problematic cartridge.
The problematic printer cartridge needs to be changed.
The paper must first be placed on the tray.
The printer must then be turned on.
Check the cartridge door after turning on the printer.
After that, slowly press down on the cartridge before removing it.
The plastic tape must first be removed before the replacement cartridge.
Holding the cartridge close to the nozzles, insert it into the nozzles.
The cartridge should be inserted into the slot until it clicks.
Next, snap the cartridge shut.
Method 3: Align the Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
The cartridges must be aligned next or last.
The paper is already in the input tray when you initially switch on your printer.
The Setup icon must then be opened by selecting the next button.
To access the tools, click the right arrow button, and then click OK.
The Align Printer must then be opened by clicking the right arrow button, and you must then click OK. Now, the alignment page is being printed by the printer.
To finish the alignment, close the lid and push the Ok button.
As the printer scans the alignment sheet, wait for the alignment process to be finished.
How to fix printing blank pages issue for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
These are some of the steps you may do to fix printing blank pages issue for Canon PIXMA MX 475 Printer:
- Open the control panel from the Windows desktop and select Devices and Printers from the list of options.
- Right-click on the name of your printer, then choose Properties from the menu that appears.
- Select options from the Device Settings menu under the Printer Properties section.
- The print head option can be found under the options menu.
- The print head should then be cleaned after selecting the services option.
- This option must be used repeatedly until the print head is thoroughly cleaned.
- Then, select the option for Nozzle inspection and deep cleaning under the Maintenance tab.
- After completing all the steps, print a test page to ensure that the printer is not printing blank pages.
You can also do these things to prevent printing blank pages issue for your Canon PIXMA MX 475 Printer:
- Utilize your printer frequently to prevent ink clogs and maintain optimal ink flow.
- Use authentic ink cartridges rather than those from third parties. Additionally, check to see whether the ink is not clogged.
- Additionally, you need to make sure the printer is stored somewhere dry and cool. The ink won’t get coagulated or set if you do this.
How to fix scanner issue for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer
It’s possible that the computer won’t identify the scanner. To fix scanner issue for Canon PIXMA MX475 Printer perform the following activities:
- Reconnect the scanner after disconnecting it. If a USB hub is being used to connect the scanner, skip the hub and connect the scanner straight to the PC.]
- Use a different USB port to attach the scanner if your computer has more than one.
- Secondly, restart the computer. The scanner might be detected and functional.
- Verify whether the scanner is recognized or not by carrying out the following steps to see if it is. Reinstall Scan Gear if it isn’t. Connecting your PC to the scanner
The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We are not affiliated or associated with any company or other third party, and we do not endorse any company, brand, name, or logo. Any references to other companies or brands are for informational purposes only.