What To Do If Canon Printer Is Offline
When a Canon printer is offline, it indicates that it is unable to communicate with the computer, which prevents it from printing. Here are some steps you can do to troubleshoot Canon printer offline fix.
Make sure your Canon printer is set to “Default”
A Canon printer may show an offline error due to improper computer settings. Check your Windows settings to ensure that your printer is set to “Default printer”.
To set up your Canon printer as the default, follow the steps properly:
- Select “Control Panel” from the list of search results on Windows, then “Devices and Printers.”
- Next, right-click your Canon printer in the list of printers and choose “set as default.” You will notice a green check mark on your printer once it has been set as the default.
Disable “Use Printer Offline” status
Make sure your Canon printer is free of the Canon Printer Offline error windows by following the instructions.
- Choose “Control Panel” from the Windows “Start” menu.
- Then, in the Control Panel window, click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Locate the printer that you want to disable the offline status for, and right-click on its icon.
- Select “See what’s printing” from the drop-down option.
- This will open the print queue window. Click on “Printer” in the top menu bar, and then uncheck the option that says “Use Printer Offline”.
- Once you uncheck this option, the printer should come online and start printing any pending documents.
Ensure that the Spooler Service is Turned ON for your Canon printer
Verify that the spooler service for Canon printers is set to “ON”. Your Windows system will display “my Canon printer is offline” warning if it is set to “OFF.”
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” and hit Enter. This will open the Services window.
- Find “Print Spooler” by navigating to the bottom of the list of services.
- Check the status of the Print Spooler service. If it is “Running,” then the spooler service is turned on. If it is “Stopped,” then right-click on it and select “Start” to turn it on.
- If the Print Spooler service is already running and you are still having issues with your Canon printer, you can try restarting the service by right-clicking on it and selecting “Restart.”
Update Outdated printer Driver
Outdated printer drivers can be one of the reasons why your Canon printer says offline. Ensure that you download and install the appropriate printer drivers for your computer.
- First, open the ‘run’ dialogue box on Windows by typing “run” into the search box.
- Then, in the run dialogue box, type “devmgmt.msc.”
- The device manager window will then appear. From this point, expand the “print queues” option to browse the list until you find your Canon printer.