The purpose of this article is to provide users with the necessary procedures to fix Canon printer printing blank pages issue.
Why Is Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
The following are the most common reasons for Canon printer printing blank pages.
- It is possible that there is an issue with the Canon printer’s hardware or printer drivers.
- Low ink levels or other underlying issues might cause Canon printers to print blank pages.
- There could be a problem with the cartridge because it is not inserted properly.
- As a result of a vacuum blockage in your printer.
- This problem could be caused by faulty software.
Methods To Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue
Take careful note of the procedures below to resolve the issue of the Canon printer printing blank pages:
Deep Cleaning Using Printer Settings
- From the Windows desktop, navigate to the Control Panel and the “Devices and Printers” link.
- After right-clicking on the model name of your Canon printer, select “Properties.”
- Check the “Device Settings” box in the printer properties section and click “Preferences.”
- Choose “Print head option” from the “Preference” menu. After that, select the “Services and Clean Print Head” option.
- You may need to repeat the previous option in the preceding point numerous times before the print head is thoroughly cleaned.
- Select “Deep cleaning” and “Nozzle check” from the “Maintenance” menu.
- Perform a print test to confirm that the printer is now printing properly.
Printer Driver Update
Follow this simple approach to resolve the Canon printer printing blank pages problem. Here, you must update the printer driver by following the steps outlined below –
- To begin, press the Windows Home key + S to bring up the Search window. Then select ‘Device Manager’.
- When the Device Manager is opened, click on the ‘Print Queue’ option.
- Then, right-click on your printer and select ‘Update Driver’ to see if an update is available.
- Now, click the ‘Update’ button to install it.
- After that, restart the device and do a print test.
Reinstall Canon Printer Driver
If the printer keeps printing blank pages, reinstall the driver by following these steps:
- Go to the control panel, then enter ‘Programs and Features’ and look for your printer driver.
- Uninstall the driver program by right-clicking it.
- Restart your computer and download the printer driver from ij start canon again.
Unclog Print Heads
When the printer is not utilized for a long period of time, this problem also happens. As a result, gently clean the clogged parts of the cartridge by following these steps:
- Turn off the printer and remove the unclogged print heads to begin.
- Take the cartridge out of the Canon printer.
- The printer should then be cleaned with a clean, soft cloth.
- Install a new ink cartridge and restart the printer.
This must be checked and removed as soon as it stops creating a vacuum in the cartridge. This prevents the ink from being absorbed by the paper, resulting in the printer printing blank pages.
Install a new cartridge before the old one runs out
It is usually a good idea to change an outdated cartridge before it dries up and runs out of ink. Your printer will display low ink warnings.
Avoid using low-quality third-party ink cartridges
Always use the correct ink cartridge as this almost eliminates the possibility of ink cartridge nozzle obstruction. As a result, use genuine Canon ink cartridges in your printer.
Check the documents you print
It is possible that the document you are attempting to print is already blank. You can search for and print the correct document once more.
We hope your Canon printer printing blank pages issue has been resolved. You can also call our technician.
Important Things to Avoid Printing Blank Pages
- Printing on a regular basis is essential because it ensures the normal flow of ink and prevents it from becoming blocked.
- Use only high-quality generic cartridges and check that the nozzles are not choked or obstructed.
- Keep the printer in a cold, dry location to avoid ink coagulation or solidification inside the printhead.
Also Read: Why My Canon Printer Is Offline?