General Steps To Follow To Add A Printer To iPad
To add a printer to your iPad, you can follow these general steps:
- Check printer compatibility: Ensure that your printer is compatible with iOS devices and supports wireless connectivity. Some printers may require specific apps or software to be installed on your iPad.
- Connect to the same network: Make sure both your iPad and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This step is crucial for wireless printing.
- Open the Settings app: Tap on the “Settings” app on your iPad’s home screen.
- Select “Wi-Fi”: In the Settings menu, locate and tap on the “Wi-Fi” option.
- Find your printer: Look for the name of your printer in the list of available networks. It might appear as the printer model or a custom name you assigned to it.
- Connect to the printer: Tap on the name of your printer to connect your iPad to the printer’s Wi-Fi network. You may need to enter a password if prompted.
- Launch the printing app: Open the app from which you want to print, such as Safari for web pages, Notes for text documents, or Photos for images.
- Access the print menu: Look for the “Share” or “Export” button within the app and tap on it. Then, select the “Print” option from the sharing menu.
- Choose the printer: Your iPad should detect the available printers on the network. Select your printer from the list.
- Adjust print settings (optional): Depending on the app and printer, you may have options to adjust print settings like paper size, orientation, or number of copies.
- Confirm and print: Review the print preview and make any necessary changes. Once you are ready, tap on the “Print” button to start the printing process.
Connect Printer To Your iPad Using USB Cable
Connecting a printer to your iPad using a USB cable requires a few additional steps compared to wireless printing. Here’s how you can do it:
- Check printer compatibility: Make sure that your printer supports USB connectivity and is compatible with iOS devices.
- Get the right cable: Purchase a USB-to-Lightning cable or a USB-C to Lightning cable, depending on the port available on your iPad model.
- Power on the printer: Make sure your printer is turned on and ready for use.
- Connect the cable: Plug one end of the USB cable into the printer’s USB port and the other end into the USB port on your iPad (either the Lightning or USB-C port).
- And then Follow the similar steps.
Connect your iPad Without AirPrint
If your printer does not support AirPrint and you want to connect your iPad to it, you can try the following alternative methods:
- Check for printer-specific apps: Some printer manufacturers provide their own apps that enable printing from iOS devices. Check if your printer manufacturer offers a dedicated app for printing. Visit the App Store and search for your printer brand to find out if there’s an app available.
- Use a third-party printing app: There are several third-party printing apps available in the App Store that offer broader printer compatibility. Examples include Printer Pro by Readdle, PrintCentral, or PrintCentral Pro. Install one of these apps, follow the setup instructions provided, and then use the app to print from your iPad.
- Google Cloud Print: If your printer is compatible with Google Cloud Print, you can set it up and use it for printing from your iPad.
- Print via email: Some printers support email printing, where you send the document you want to print as an email attachment to a specific email address assigned to your printer. Check your printer’s manual or manufacturer’s website to see if this feature is available. Once set up, you can email the document from your iPad to the designated printer email address, and it will print.
- Connect via a print server: If your printer has a USB or Ethernet port, you can connect it to a compatible print server device. The print server connects to your Wi-Fi network, allowing you to print wirelessly from your iPad to the printer. Make sure to choose a print server that is compatible with your printer model.
If you cannot add your printer to your iPad by reading all the steps in this article, then contact our support tech to help you further with the issue you are facing.
Also Read: Connect Printer To iPhone