Print from your iPad
As Apple keeps improving the iPad with the M1 chip, 5G, improved ports, and fantastic productivity tools, more and more individuals choose to ditch their Macs in favor of the iPad in order to reduce the weight of their bags. Or perhaps you extend your office with an iPad.
You might need to learn how to print from an iPad in one manner or another. There are primarily two approaches to this. The most straightforward method is to print using an AirPrint printer and Apple’s native printing software. But don’t worry if your printer isn’t AirPrint compatible; we’ll show you how to print from an iPad without AirPrint.
Print using an AirPrint
The simplest way to print from an iPad is to use AirPrint, an Apple protocol that is included in many printers on the market and built into iOS.
Continue reading to easily determine if AirPrint is available on your current printer if you’re unsure. There may be other ways to print from your iPad if you are aware that your printer is not AirPrint compatible.
Follow the given steps to print using an AirPrint:
- Ensure that your printer and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Locate the image, document, or another file that you want to print.
- Click the “Share” button (square with an up arrow, available in almost all apps).
- If the share button isn’t visible, you can either tap your screen to see if it appears or capture a screenshot, after which you can print from the Photos app.
- Swipe down after hitting the share icon and select Print.
- If you don’t already have one, pick a printer.
- In the top right corner, select Print.
Print without using an AirPrint
You might still be able to print from an iPad even if your printer isn’t AirPrint compatible. The method this operates most frequently is through a manufacturer-provided app.
Are you attempting to print something from your iPad on a printer that isn’t AirPrint compatible? Although AirPrint is undoubtedly the simplest method for printing from your iPad, it’s not the only one! Use your printer’s official app instead of purchasing a new one if you’re not ready to do so. Most printer manufacturers provide these apps without charge. Installing an application that essentially “converts” your printer to AirPrint on your PC or Mac is another choice.
Follow the given steps to print without using an AirPrint:
- Verify that AirPrint is not actually supported by your printer.
- Install your printer’s official iPad app if you don’t already have AirPrint.
- The Wi-Fi network your printer is connected to.
- In the printer app, add your printer.
- The desired file should be opened.
- Hit the Sharing button.
- Tap the name of your printing app after scrolling down.
- To print your file, adhere to the instructions on the screen.
Also Read: Setup Printer with iPad