Follow Troubleshooting Guide To Fix Printer Not Printing
Having a printer that won’t print when you need it can be frustrating. However, there are various reasons why your printer might not be printing as expected.
In this comprehensive troubleshooting guide, we will walk you through the steps to identify and resolve the common causes behind the “printer not printing” issue. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the Printer problem effectively.
Check Printer Connections
- Ensure Power Supply: Make sure your printer is properly connected to a power source and turned on. Check if the power cable i securely plugged in and there are no loose connections.
- Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, restarting both the printer and the computer can resolve temporary communication or software glitches. Power off the printer and computer, wait for a few seconds, and then power them back on.
Inspect Ink or Toner Levels
- Check Ink or Toner Cartridges: Examine the ink or toner cartridges in your printer.
- Replace or Refill Empty Cartridges: If the ink or toner cartridges are empty, replace them with new ones or refill them according to your printer’s instructions.
- Clean or Align Print Heads: Cleaning or aligning the print heads can improve print quality and resolve issues related to clogged or misaligned nozzles. Consult your printer’s manual for instructions on how to perform these tasks.
Update or Reinstall Printer Drivers To Fix Printer Not Printing
- Update Printer Drivers: Outdated printer drivers can cause printing problems. Visit the manufacturer’s website or use a driver update utility to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Drivers: If updating the drivers does not solve the issue, uninstall the existing printer drivers from your computer and reinstall them from scratch. This can resolve any driver-related conflicts or corruption.
Resolve Paper Jam Issues
- Check for Paper Jams: The first step in resolving a paper jam is to identify if a paper jam has occurred.
Check Print Spooler Service
- Restart Print Spooler Service: Restarting the print spooler service can resolve issues related to print jobs stuck in the queue.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Use Built-in Printer Troubleshooter: Take advantage of the built-in printer troubleshooter to automatically identify and fix common printing issues.
- Run Windows or macOS Printer Diagnostics: Printer diagnostics tools can help identify and resolve printer-related issues. Use these tools to diagnose and fix any problems with your printer.
Perform Printer Firmware Update
- Follow Firmware Update Instructions: Download the firmware update file as per the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Follow the firmware update instructions carefully to update the printer firmware successfully.
Test Printer with Different Document
- Print a Test Page: Printing a test page is a quick and easy way to check if your printer is functioning properly.
- Try Printing from a Different Application: Sometimes, printing issues can be specific to a particular application. By trying to print from a different application, you can determine if the problem lies with the software you were using.
Dealing with a printer that won’t print can be resolved by following a systematic troubleshooting approach. By checking printer connections, verifying printer status, inspecting ink or toner levels, updating or reinstalling printer drivers, resolving paper jam issues, checking the print spooler service, running printer troubleshooters, performing firmware updates, and testing with different documents, you can effectively resolve the “printer not printing” problem.
Remember to refer to your printer’s user manual or visit the our website for specific instructions tailored to your printer model.
Also Read: Steps To Fix Printer Offline